SUBMISSIONS FOR THIS SERIES OF GRAYSON'S ART CLUB ARE NOW CLOSED.
Terms and Conditions
We, Swan Films, are making a new television series for Channel 4 called “Grayson’s Art Club” (the “Series”).
In an exciting new project for Channel 4, one of Britain’s leading artists - Grayson Perry - will help bring the nation together through art, and unleash our collective creativity as we live through an unprecedented crisis. Every week, he will host the show from his own studio - taking the country with him as he creates his own new art works. Grayson will talk to other famous artists and creatives about how they are spending their time in isolation and host masterclasses to help teach us all how to create art. He’ll also be asking members of the public to send him their own fantastic artworks which they have been making at home, talking to them via video calls and choosing artworks he loves in each episode. He will encourage viewers to use their time in isolation to produce visual representations of the unique time we are living through. And at the end, Grayson will display the art created in a public exhibition that will chronicle the changing moods of Britain in isolation and provide a record of the historic times we’ve lived through.
Grayson Perry will send out messages via social media asking for members of the public to participate in the Series by sending in a 3 minute video message of themselves (the “Video”) filmed on their mobile phone together with three photos of their artwork, or video of their artwork (the “Artwork”). We will then select the Artworks and Videos he wants to consider for inclusion in the Series. If your Video or Artwork is selected one of the producers will then call you to discuss potentially appearing in the Series as a Contributor via video call on your device (the “Contributor”). If you are selected to be included they will send you a separate contract for your appearance.
If you want to participate here are some important things you need to know and agree to:
- We will be deciding with Grayson which Videos and which Artworks to use in the Programme. We can’t promise that your Videos or Artworks will be used or that you will appear as a Contributor, even if you end up being filmed speaking on your device to Grayson as not every Contributor will be included in the final edit of the Series.
- Accordingly, by submitting your Artworks and Videos you irrevocably and unconditionally agree that we (and third parties authorised by us):
- may use your Artworks and/or Video in the Series and in any way we see fit in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity without further liability or acknowledgement to you (and you hereby give us all necessary consents and waivers, (including waivers or moral rights) for such purposes);
- shall be entitled to edit, manipulate, crop, adapt and create derivative works from your photos and comments in any way in our sole discretion in accordance with Ofcom guidelines; and
- may identify you by name, your social media name or photo and use these and the Videos and Artworks that you submitted in publicity, marketing and advertising for the Programme and other connected material as we so elect.
- You must comply with the following:
- You must be 18 years old or older and resident in the UK;
- Your Artworks and/or Videos must be in accordance with the Series’ instructions and sent to us within the timeframe stated;
- You confirm that to the best of your knowledge and belief you own and control all the rights in and to the Artwork;
- You must not include any third party material in your Artwork unless you have obtained permission from the rights holder for it to be included and for it to be used as set out in these terms;
- You must not include anything defamatory, illegal, infringing, hateful, obscene or offensive in your Artwork;
- You acknowledge and agree that neither we nor any of our assignees or licensees shall have any liability to you for any loss or damage arising out of the use of your Video or Artwork in accordance with these terms to the extent permitted under applicable law.
- You agree that our rights under these terms may be freely licensed and/or assigned by us.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
- Our full details are as follows: Swan Films Ltd. Registered office is 12 Orleston Mews, London, N7 8LL.
Our website policy can be read here http://www.swanfilms.tv/websiteprivacypolicy/